Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cupcake lovin

At the request of a friend, I'm going to post the yummy cupcakes that Mom and I made today! 

What we did was get a yellow cake mix and make it according to the instructions. Instead of water, however, we used orange juice with lots of pulp. Then, before we baked them, we added a Hershey kiss in the middle. After they came out, we frosted them with some chocolate frosting. Here's what the final product looked like:


They tasted pretty good, however I wish we had a little more orange to add to the batter. The orange was more of an aftertaste rather than the flavor of the cupcake. If I didn't know that there was orange juice in it, I really wouldn't have guessed just by tasting it. Also, the Hershey kiss may have been a little too heavy for the cupcake because it sunk to the bottom during the baking process. I picked it up and this happened:


Overall, they were quite yummy!! (Also, I have no idea why my hand looks purple in that last picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment